The curly cut is a type of haircut where the hair is cut in a way that enhances the natural curl pattern of the hair. The hair is usually shortened to allow the curls to fall naturally and look bouncy and full.
This type of haircut is typically used for people with naturally curly hair, but it can also be used on hair that has been permed or chemically treated to create curls. A curly cut aims to shape and define the rings while also reducing frizz and promoting healthy hair growth.
Read Also: Does Hair Grow Faster in the Summer?
What to consider during Curly Cut?
There are several things to consider when cutting curly hair:
- Hair type, e.g, Type 3 (tight curls), Type 4 (kinky curls), and Type 2 (wavy hair).
- Length: Some people prefer long, flowing curls, while others prefer shorter, more manageable curls.
- Face shape: For example, if you have a round face, avoid a haircut that adds volume to the sides of your head, as this can make your face look even rounder.
- Lifestyle: Think about your daily routine and life style. Some haircuts require more maintenance than others, so consider it.
- Consult with a stylist: It’s a good idea to meet a stylist for best cutting of curly hair.
What are the types of Curly Cuts?
Some of the most popular types of curly cuts include:
- The DevaCut
- The Curly Shag
- The Curly Bob
- The Curly Pixie
- The Curly Undercut
Step by Step procedure of Curly Cut?
To perform a curly cut, follow these steps:
- Start by conditioning and washing the hair.
- Use a leave-in conditioner after washing.
- Once the hair is fully dry, divide the hair into sections.
- Gently Twirt a mini segment of hair around your finger to define curl pattern.
- Use thinning shears or a razor to carefully trim the ends of the curls, following the natural curl pattern.
- Continue this process until you have trimmed all of the curls in the section.
- Continue process until you have trimmed all of the curls.
- Once you have finished cutting, style the curls as desired. You may want to use a gel or mousse to help define the curls and hold them in place.
- Finally, to dry and set curls, apply a diffuser attachment.
Different shapes of Curly Cut?
Many different shapes can be achieved with a curly cut, including:
- A-line: This cut is shorter in the back and gradually gets longer towards the front, creating an A-shaped silhouette.
- Deva Cut: This cut is specifically designed for curly hair and involves cutting each curl individually to enhance the natural shape of the curl.
- Layered: Hair is cut at different extent to make a more textured, voluminous look.
- Bob: It is a classice cut in which hair cut at a constant extent around head and beyond the shoulders.
- Pixie: A very short cut in which hair cut very close to the head and leaving it longer on top.
- Shag: A shag cut is a textured, layered cut that involves cutting the hair into uneven layers and leaving it longer in the front and shorter in the back.
Best Curly Cut for long hairs
Several different haircut styles can be flattering for people with long curly hair. Some options to consider include the following:
- Layered cuts: Layering can help add volume and definition to curly hair. The layers can be cut to varying lengths, with shorter layers towards the front of the head and longer layers towards the back.
- Deva cut: This haircut is specifically designed for curly hair and involves cutting the hair while it is in its natural curl pattern.
- Lob (long bob): It can be a good choice for long curly hair because it removes excess weight and helps to define the curls.
- U-shaped cut: This haircut involves cutting the hair into a U-shape around the face, with the longest layers hitting the collarbone. This can be a good choice for people with long, curly hair who want to add movement and body to their curls.
It’s important to communicate with your stylist about your desired outcome and the maintenance you’re willing to put in for your hair. They can help you choose a haircut that will work best for your particular curl pattern and hair type.
Best Curly Cut for short hairs
A few different curly cuts can look great on short hair. Here are a few options to consider:
- The Deva Cut: This technique is specifically designed to cut curly hair. It involves cutting each curl individually to help enhance the natural shape of the curls.
- The Scissor Cut: This is a more traditional method of cutting curly hair, where the stylist uses scissors to shape and texturize the curls.
- The Razor cut: This is a technique where the stylist uses a razor to slice through the hair, creating a textured, layered look.
Which Curly hair-cutting method is right according to hair types?
The DevaCut, The Coiling Method and The Wet Cutting Method are the right curly hair cutting choices according to your hair types.
Can we look younger after Curly Cut?
A new hairstyle, such as a curly cut, could make you look younger, but it’s not enough to make a significant appearance. The most important factors in looking younger is good care of your overall health.
What nationality is known for curly hair?
Some people of African descent tend to have very tight, kinky curls, while others have looser, more defined curls. People of European descent may also have a range of curl patterns.
A curly cut is a hairstyle specifically designed for people with curly hair. The best curly cuts involve shaping and cutting the hair in a way that enhances the natural curl pattern and helps to reduce frizz and promote healthy hair growth.