What is Tattoos on hair? Cost, Results, and Benefits
Tattoos on hair, also known as scalp micro pigmentation, create the appearance of hair follicles on the scalp through ink application. The ink is applied using a tattoo gun and special needles that are specifically designed for this type of procedure. The resulting “hair” appears to be very short, shaved hair.
Read Also: What is Hair Toner? Does Toner damage hair? Signs, Tips, Pros & Cons
Scalp micropigmentation is a more expensive procedure than traditional hair loss treatments like hair transplants or hair loss medication. Costs may vary depending on factors such as the size of the treated area and the experience of the practitioner.
Scalp micropigmentation can create the appearance of a full head of hair, even in cases of severe hair loss. The results of the procedure are immediate and can last for several years, depending on factors such as your skin type and how well you care for the treated area.
- The procedure is non-surgical, which means that there is no recovery time and minimal risk of complications.
- It’s less invasive and less painful than hair transplants.
- Scalp micropigmentation can be an effective solution for people with hair loss caused by conditions such as alopecia, or for those who have undergone hair transplant surgery and are not satisfied with the results.
- Micropigmentation can also conceal scarring on the scalp caused by injury or surgery.
But it is also important to note that some of the potential downsides of scalp micropigmentation to consider before making the decision to proceed:
- The procedure is permanent, you will have to live with the results if you don’t like them.
- Your hair color will not change during the procedure.
- There is a slight risk of infection, allergic reactions, and other complications.
- As it is a permanent procedure and it is hard to reverse the outcome, so it’s important to do your research and make sure you’re comfortable with the practitioner you choose before going through with the procedure.
- Also make sure to consult with a licensed medical professional for a better understanding of the procedure, its outcomes, and the risks involved before making a decision.
Tattoos on Hair Procedure:
It creates the appearance of hair follicles on the scalp through ink application. The procedure is typically done using a specialized instrument that makes tiny, precise incisions in the scalp, into which pigment is deposited. The idea behind the procedure is to create the appearance of a full head of hair by creating the illusion of hair follicles, even in areas where hair is thin or bald.
The procedure is performed by trained practitioners, such as a licensed tattoo artist or a cosmetic surgeon. The procedure typically takes several hours and may be done in one or more sessions, depending on the amount of hair loss and the desired outcome. The results are immediate and do not wash out, The procedure can also be done to disguise hair transplant scars.
As it is a tattoo procedure, it involves needles, infection and bleeding can occur, so it is important to have the procedure done at a reputable clinic by well-trained practitioner. And also it’s vital to carefully follow the post-procedure care instructions provided by the practitioner to ensure the best results and avoid complications.
Can everyone get a tattoos on hair?
Tattoos can be applied to many different body parts, such as the scalp or hair. However, everyone is not a good candidate for this procedure. Factors such as the amount/ location of hair loss, skin type, and scalp condition can affect this procedure.
FAQs: Tattoos on Hair
Is tattooing on hair safe or painful?
As with any tattooing procedure, there is some pain associated with scalp micropigmentation. Most people describe the pain as mild and manageable. The degree of discomfort might also change based on a person’s tolerance for pain. Techniques, such as numbing cream or a local anesthetic, may be used to minimize discomfort during the procedure.
Scalp micropigmentation is considered to be a safe procedure when performed by a trained and experienced practitioner.
Does hair still grow after Tattoo on Hair?
Yes, hair can still grow after a tattoo. Hair growth occurs in the hair follicle, which is located in the dermis and subcutaneous layer of skin. The tattoo needle doesn’t damage the hair follicles. So, they can continue to function normally and hair can grow through the tattooed area.
So, after getting a tattoo, it’s normal for hair to continue growing in the area.
How long does tattoo on hair last?
The longevity of a hair tattoo will vary depending on a number of factors. Such as, the skill of the technician, the quality of the ink used, and the individual’s skin type. A hair tattoo can last for several years before fading, though touch-up treatments.
Conclusion: Tattoos on Hair
A tattoo on hair, is used to create the appearance of realistic hair strokes on the scalp. This technique is commonly used for people experiencing hair loss due to alopecia, male or female pattern baldness.